During the last several years, awkwardly bulky computers had been replaced by laptops, then a few decades later, laptops were replaced by the much sleeker tablets. Even though the market has been flooded with latest, pristine looking tablets, the laptop has remained the perfect portable computer device, the one that can be carried around easily as well as be worked upon while sitting on a computer desk.
People love to buy the best laptop for $1000, because of the fact that it is quite user friendly. Laptops are not only useful for completing college assignments and thesis papers, but also to surf the internet and watch cat videos!
If you just broke your old laptop that stood by your side through thick and thin, and your parents are treating you to a new one, then you have stumbled upon the right website! Today we are going to disclose our secrets on how to buy the best laptop for $1000, and where to find it!
Before we proceed to tell you as to where to purchase high quality laptops from, we will first spill the beans on how to choose the best laptop.
You might be tempted to buy the sleekest looking laptop with its metal casing, but what if does not work just as well? It is better to inspect the specification of a laptop first and then proceed to judge its outer looks. This way you will invest your money on the right laptop without having to face internal specification issues.
When it comes to choosing an affordable laptop that performs well, Intel is always the right choice. The more powerful processor you choose the better will be your laptops performance.
Opt for a laptop that promises at least 8 GB of Ram. If you manage to find a laptop that offers 16GB under a budget of $1000, then you must be very lucky!
High pixels will ensure that your laptop’s screen blares everything in High Definition. Mostly laptops feature 720p pixels but if you want HD worthy quality, then 1080p is the choice for you!
- Battery Life:
Battery should be of concern when choosing a laptop. An average battery life of around 8 hours should be sufficient to run your laptop without having the need to charge it for several hours.
- Blu-Ray Drive:
Always choose a laptop that comes equipped with a DVD or Blu Ray drive. Several computer software that require installation from a compact disc, movies and video games will require an optical drive.
Now that you have a sound knowledge of the specifications that should be present in the best laptop for $1000, it is important that you should be aware of the best places to buy laptops.
- Amazon – Like you didn’t expect this name to top the list. Amazon houses everything from a pair of socks to humongous LED television sets. It is easier to find affordable laptops for under $1000 on Amazon then to look for your half eaten Oreos that you bought yesterday.
- eBay – If you are looking for used laptops, then ebay is the way to go. You will find dozens of sellers trying to auction their best laptop for $1000 or less!
- Local Electronics Store – It doesn’t get any easier than this. Go to your local electronics store and physically observe laptops right on the spot. You can even wait for that annual mega sale to be able to buy the laptop of your dreams!
The best laptops that you can buy for less than $1000 are usually the ones by brands such as Samsung, Acer and Dell. This range allows you to buy reasonable laptops with all the necessary specifications!
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Processor 2.3GHz (Up to 2.8GHz)
- 13.3" Full HD Widescreen IPS Comfy View LED-backlit Display
- 8GB LPDDR3 Memory, 256GB SSD
- Windows 10 Home
- Up to 11-hours Battery Life
- 2-IN-1 TABLET: This convertible laptop includes a detachable keyboard and unique watchband hinges that adjust up to 150°, helping you find the perfect viewing angle for work or play
- THEATER-LIKE MULTIMEDIA: 12-inch laptop has a vibrant, full high definition touchscreen display with Dolby enabled stereo speakers, perfect for binge watching on the couch or listening to your favorite music
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: This portable computer is equipped with an Intel Core i3 processor for blazing-fast performance, plus a 7.5 hour battery life to suit your life on-the-go
- INTEGRATED CAMERA: Snap high-quality photos with the rear-facing 5 MP laptop camera, or video chat with friends and keep background noise at bay with the dual-array microphone with noise cancellation
- ACTIVE PEN: Get creative with the Lenovo Active Pen (not included) and draw or take notes directly on the screen using one of 2,048 levels of pressure points
- Intel HD Graphics 400, 11.6 inch HD LED backlight (1366 x 768) display
- 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD, Intel Celeron N3060 Dual-Core Processor, 1.60 GHz
- 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x Headphone output/Microphone input combo, 1 x HDMI
- Bluetooth 4.0, Webcam, Stereo Speakers, 802.11ac, Media Reader
- Windows 10, 0.7" Thin, Color: White
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache
- 13.3-Inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Glossy Widescreen Display, 1440 x 900 resolution
- 8 GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 RAM; 128 GB PCIe-based flash storage; Up to 12 Hours of Battery Life
- Intel HD Graphics 6000; OS X El Capitan or macOS Sierra(free upgrade)
- This is the latest Macbook Air model (Apple hasn't released any newer Macbook Air since this).
- Flexible 360° profile. Enables you to use upright as a computer to reply to emails or finish a paper and recline for a tablet view ideal for surfing and viewing
- This Device comes with the pen out of the box. Power to personalize your communications by writing directly on screen. Take notes, make a sketch, capture part of the screen, etc
- All the apps you love on your phone are now available on your computer. Over a million apps are waiting for you. Find your favorites or explore what's new
- Your world doesn't have to hit pause when you're not online. Continue to get things done using docs and apps in offline mode
- Makes it easy to carry with you wherever the day takes you. Turn heads with a full, metal design that's a touch above the typical Chromebook
- Intel Celeron 3855U 1.60GH, 2MB. 13.3" HD (1366 x 768); 720p HD Camera. 4GB Soldered DDR3 RAM; 1x16GB EMMC Hard Drive. Integrated Intel HD Graphics 510. Operating System: Chrome OS
- Processor: Intel Celeron 3855U 1.6GHz, 2MB Cache; Processor Core: Dual-Core; Screen Size: 13.3"; Aspect Ratio: 16:9; Resolution: 1366 x 768; Display Type: HD Anti-Glare LED-backlit; Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 510
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 (on-board); Hard Drive: 16GB eMMC solid state drive; Wireless: 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2; Bluetooth: Yes, 4.0; Card Reader: 4-in-1 reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- Battery: Integrated Lithium Polymer 3-cell (42Wh); Audio: Integrated HD Audio; Speakers: Stereo; Webcam: HD720p resolution, low light sensitive, fixed focus; Microphone: Integrated dual-array microphone; Keyboard: ThinkPad Chrome keyboard, 6-row, multimedia Fn keys
- Ports: USB 3.0: (2); USB Type-C: (2); Combo Headphone/Mic Jack: (1)
- 15.6 in Full HD LED-backlit touchscreen with Truelife (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support, Intel HD Graphics 520 with shared graphics memory
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Dual-Core Processor 2.3 GHz (max boost speed up to 2.8GHz) 4MB L3 Cache, 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz, 1TB 5400 RPM HDD
- DVD +/- RW, SD card reader, Waves MaxxAudio Pro, Intel RealSense 3D camera, Backlit keyboard
- 802.11ac/a/b/g/n (Miracast enabled) wireless; Bluetooth 4.0; 1X USB 3.0 2X USB 2.0; HDMI 1.4; Headphone output/Microphone input combo • LAN (10/100)
- Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, 4-cell lithium-ion battery, Silver
All prices are last updated on 2017-09-26 / Product images credit: Amazon.com